Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Smuttynose - In Brief

I'm in the process of writing up my race report for Smuttynose.  I actually sat down the day after the race and wrote the draft, but it needs a lot of editing.  Until then I thought I'd just post a quick overview.

My official finish time was 4:42:00, so I missed my goal of coming in at under 4:30:00.  But it's still a huge improvement over my Myrtle Beach marathon time, so I'm happy about that.

The weather windy and rainy, but I was happy that the temps remained below 60°F.

I was not happy about the course or the race organization, but that'll have to wait for the full write-up.

All the marathoners received a really nice running jacket, which I'm sure to wear whenever I can this fall.

The picture below was taken by my dad as I was coming in to the finish.  I ran the last 5 miles of this race barefoot as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment